Tuesday 6 July 2010

Woolley to Weston bike ride

On Sunday 18th July 2010, I will be cycling from Woolley Valley (near my home in Bath) to Weston-super-mare to help raise awareness for the Save Woolley Valley campaign.  This campaign is trying to stop unauthorised development in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.  There has been national media coverage of our campaign including articles in The Times, The Daily Mirror, The Guardian, BBC - to name a few.

Some of the high profile support  includes Peter Gabriel (former lead singer of Genesis), Jonathan Dimbleby, Jacob Rees-Moog (local MP), Bel Mooney and The National Trust.

There are some pictures of the environmental damage already done by the developers (Golden Valley Paddocks Ltd).

My 80 mile (130 km) route will start in Woolley Valley, I will join the Great Weston Ride at Bristol and then end at Weston-super-mare.

You can help me and the campaign by:
    THANK YOU!
    Woolley Valley - before

    and after the damage

     

    Here is my route
    View Woolley to Weston in a larger map

    No comments: